About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2012) (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
Annapolis, MD, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Port 1236

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
mp2

PIXEL WIDTH
720

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Romney 14, Afghanistan 12, Us 11, Canada 9, North Carolina 7, America 6, Iran 6, Jon Stewart 5, Taliban 5, Obama 5, Peters 3, Newt Gingrich 3, North Korea 3, Florida 3, Citi 3, Obama Administration 3, Barak Obama 3, Crowley 2, Jimmy Carter 2, Mccain 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.  (2012)  (CC)  

    October 2, 2012
    11:00 - 12:00am EDT  

11:00pm
us know what you thought about tonight's show, good night so tomorrow, 10:30 p.m. eastern and midnight. we'll see you then. factor" sta. >> bill: "the o'reilly factor" is on. tonight -- >> palestinians would argue the president has been unwilling to admit our embassies were targeted. >> bill: when jon stewart begins mocking you liberal america takes notice. will the president's foreign policy bungles influence the upcoming vote? we'll have a special report. >> i find such a champion in president obama and which is why i passionately support him specifically because i'm a woman. >> bill: will the ladies put the president over the top on election day? that's what mr. obama is hoping. we'll have analysis. >> holding a book and trying to get my reading glasses to work.
11:01pm
>> bill: we might be able to hire people to do that for you. shall i turn the page? "the factor" is all over the place today shaking things up on tv and radio. we'll show you how it went. >> that epic debate, the one with you and jon stewart, what are you doing to prepare? >> taking a nap. >> bill: caution. you are about to enter the no spin zone. "the factor" begins right now. hi. i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight's. is the president's foreign policy falling apart? that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. jon stewart now mocking president obama over the libyan assassination situation. that's not good news for the president because up until now, much of the liberal media has ignored the facts surrounding the terrorist attack on ambassador christopher stevens. last night stewart went to town.
11:02pm
>> so the administration's story was anti-muslim video on youtube touched off a massive protest on vend to spread quickly to 27 other places. seems implausible, but two days later, they had an explanation for that, two. >> our current assessment is that what happened in benghazi was, in fact, initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in cairo. almost a copy cat of the demonstrations against our facility in cairo which were prompted, of course, by the video. >> copy cats. [ laughter ] libya wasn't the ring. it was the ring 2. [ laughter ] five days after the attack, the white house was still sticking to the video story. on the eighth day, the director of national counter terrorism center went in front of congress with a slightly different assessment. >> i would say yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy.
11:03pm
>> of course, he's going to say it was a terrorist attack. he runs the counterterrorism center. a cynic would argue the president has been unwilling to admit they were targeted by terrorists 'cause that will make him look bad before an election. maybe all this back and forth has just been honest confusion. >> bill: not likely. as we discuss on the factor last night, libertyian situation and foreign policy in general has not arrested the attention of casual voters who remain locked into the economy and in many cases, ideology. mitt romney would be smart to seize on the libyan controversy as part of an overall competence challenge to mr. obama. if the economy remains bad and it does just check outearnings from ford and gm today, and america's overseas strategy is wobbling, which is seems to be, governor romney should have some heavy verbal ammunition to use in the debate tomorrow night. for his part, the president will remain steadfast that everything is going according to plan.
11:04pm
>> four years ago i said i'd end the war in iraq, i did. i said we're going to wind down the war in afghanistan. we are. and while a twin tower -- while a new tower rises above the new york skyline, al-qaeda is on the path to defeat and osama bin laden is dead. >> bill: but according to the american commander in afghanistan, al-qaeda fighters are again causing trouble in that country and the terror group might even be responsible for murdering ambassador stevens. talking points believes many voters are still persuadable. that support for the president is thin among some independents. recent rasmussen poll says 42% of those backing the president are locked in stone. that gives the governor some room tomorrow night. but he needs to be surgical in making his points. that's a memo. now for the top story, is u.s. foreign policy in trouble? joining us from boston, fox news military analyst, colonel david
11:05pm
hunt and ralph peters. colonel peters, we in trouble foreign policy wise? >> the obama administration has never had a foreign policy. bill, he's only had this assortment of confused, naive initiatives poisoned by ideology, deformed by politic, driven by politics, and the only thing these initiatives in the foreign affairs realm have had in common has been their failure. if you look from benghazi to beijing, in this afro-asian realm of crisis, there is not one troubled country, not one, not russia, not china, certainly not iran, afghanistan, pakistan, certainly not israel, not one country in which relations are healthier or more constructive than under george w. bush, and that was a pretty low standard. >> bill: what do you say, colonel hunt? >> i think the specificity of the policy when you look at
11:06pm
libya in which we wanted a lower american profile with the weakest profile we've had security since 1979 first ambassador we had killed failed. in afghanistan issues we have people training, killing us. that is not -- and the surge was supposed to crush the taliban. the commander on the ground reports says the taliban is back. he talked about al-qaeda. >> bill: the taliban really we want away. let's look at afghanistan and iran in particular and then libya at the end of the discussion. in afghanistan, you have a lot of friendly so-called friendly, but it's really taliban fanatics infiltrating because as one of the soldiers told me last week, you can buy afghan army uniforms at any marketplace in afghanistan. they're around. so if you want to dress up like an afghany soldier and you're a taliban or al-qaeda terrorist, you can do that and walk in and blow yourself up or shoot them dead. i don't know any army that could
11:07pm
stop that, colonel peters. i mean, you know, i don't know if it's a failure of our policy in afghanistan rather than a good tactic by the taliban fanatics. >> well, it's both. the taliban have wisely used all the poor man's nukes, as it were, ied's, suicide bombers, and these green on blue assassinations. you know, you played a clip in the intro, bill n which obama said that in his election campaign in 2008, he promised he'd wind down the war in afghanistan. that was another lie. his election campaign, he said bush took his eye off the ball. he was going to fix afghanistan. he went with the surge, which was exactly the wrong approach to a tribal society. you want a small foot print, not a large one. we alienated afghans. we poured in unguided aid missiles, which corrupted everything in sight. we turned a nation of pick pockets into a nation of al capones and now obama is taking down for winding down his surge. this is grotesque --
11:08pm
>> bill: you both agree that the afghan thing has gone south. it's not the way -- look, iraq, whether you like the war or not, we got out of there with dignity and we gave that country a fighting chance to be a decent country. all right? i think we all agree with that. right? we got out with dignity, we gave the government there a chance. whether they take the chance or not, i don't know. afghanistan doesn't even look like we're going to get out of there with a stable government 'cause karzai is a crook, i think he's a crook. and the taliban just waiting in the mountains of pakistan and come in as soon as we leave. okay. let's go to iran. the president says he's making inroads with alt sanctions, that they're suffering there and that they're going to cave and if they don't, he'll do what's necessary. what we must is what he said, to prevent them from having nuclear weapons. why has that policy failed? >> no government in modern history stopped another government from building a nuke.
11:09pm
the problem we have in iran is do you police to us policy. we have companies in the united states, companies all over the world doing economic business, making money in iran. you want to hurt iran? you got to play hard ball economically. the military option has got to be off the table. >> bill: so you think that when you say the military option has to be off the table, certainly not going to be off the table to the israelis and you can't tell them not to do it 'cause they're going to do what they want. >> they can't do it without us. >> bill: sure, they can. they can try. i don't know if they'll be successful, but they can try to do it. so colonel peters, you see it the way colonel hunt sees it. you can't have a military option. i think the president is trying to squeeze them, but you might be right, it isn't going to work. if that doesn't work, then we got another huge problem coming down the road. >> this is the first time i've ever agreed with colonel hunt o is a brilliant soldier and i love him.
11:10pm
but i don't think he can take the military option off the table because of all the bad results in the persian gulf that we could see, the worst is iran with nuclear weapons. bill, where are we? four years, obama has been talking. four years the iranians have it happened to build -- >> bill: no doubt about it. they thumbed their nose at him. >> north korea route. >> colonel hunt, i certainly understand that model, but iran is different. north korea doesn't threaten the world economy, the world oil supplies. they weren't led by meeseianic nut cases. they didn't have this -- >> ralph, you're -- >> bill: the north korea had a restraining agent in that sense does to this day and that's china. there is no restraining agent on iran at all. none. >> but guy, iran has hezbollah and hamas, if they uncork them, hezbollah in lebanon and hamas in palestine and float one of their three submarines in the strait of arrest had you seen, you have real problems.
11:11pm
my point is that if you bomb, if the israelis go to bomb, there is no success. the only way to get at those bunkers is nuclear bunker busters and nobody is going to throw nukes at iran. my point is there is so much more to do against iran than talk about -- >> bill: look, you can carpet bomb them and knock out all their infrastructure. you can certainly do that. >> if i may, we're pushing the israelis into a corner of the i think there is an outside chance that they will use a nuke on the facility because it's the only way -- >> bill: i don't think they'll do that. i think what they would do would be to bomb their infrastructures, their ports and everything else and create havoc and chaos there. that's what i think they would do. i got to run. both of you agree that right now as it stands in this point in history, the obama foreign policy is a shambles, would that be a right word? >> there is no obama foreign policy. >> bill: all right, all right. whatever they're reporting it to
11:12pm
be, and poor hillary clinton is running around and doesn't seem to be getting anything under control. we have to think about that. gentlemen, very interesting discussion. next up, factor exclusive. we'll talk to the man who prepped mitt romney for his republican primary debates, ♪ [ male announcer ] how do you make 70,000 trades a second... ♪ reach one customer at a time? ♪ or help doctors turn billions of bytes of shared information... ♪ into a fifth anniversary of remission? ♪ whatever your business challenge, dell has the technology and services to help you solve it. boring. boring. [ jack ] after lauren broke up with me, i went to the citi private pass page and decided to be...not boring.
11:13pm
that's how i met marilyn... giada... really good. yes! [ jack ] ...and alicia. ♪ this girl is on fire [ male announcer ] use any citi card to get the benefits of private pass. more concerts, more events, more experiences. [ jack ] hey, who's boring now? [ male announcer ] get more access with the citi card. [ crowd cheering, mouse clicks ]
11:14pm
>> bill: impact segment, president obama in nevada, mitt romney in colorado. both prepping for the big debate tomorrow night. remember when newt gingrich clocked the governor in the south carolina debate last spring, romney came back strong in florida. the man who helped prepare the governor for those debates, brett o'donnell joins us now. you really know this turf because you worked for john mccain when he ran against barak obama in 2008 and now in the primary season, you worked for mitt romney. let's assess the governor's strengths and weaknesses as a debater first.
11:15pm
strengths? >> well, i think the governor is a very good messenger. he's a good orator, he can deliver a speech. he's very good when he's on message and on offense. as you saw in the debates in florida against newt gingrich when he got on offense, the governor was very effective. when he leans into a debate, he can be pretty effective. >> bill: all right. weakness? >> weaknesses, when he gets -- like most every politician, when he gets defensive, that's when he makes mistakes. the $10,000 bet came when governor romney was being defensive about his health care policy and there have been other instances where other debaters have been able to get him on the defense and when that happens, he tends to look bad. >> bill: all right. you know that president obama is going to try to do that. he's going to question his health care criticism, his flip flops on various issues. he's going to press him from very specifics on your tax program and what you're going to phase out as far as deductions are concerned, all of that. is the governor going to be able to parry, can he parry?
11:16pm
can he think fast enough on his feet to block inevitably what's going to come his way? >> he absolutely can. if you remember the debates with newt gingrich, speaker gingrich was challenging him on his immigration policy. he was really going after him about deporting grandmothers and he thought on his feet and came back with a great response. we can't deport 11 million grandmothers. there aren't 11 million grandmothers that we're deporting. so he can. he can retort. what the governor has got to do, it's not about parrying, it's about going on offense. it's about starting the debate on offense and finishing the debate on offense. >> bill: remember, though, because i've debated barak obama twice, i mean, he's not jimmy carter. reagan was the template who destroyed carter. but obama is much quicker than jimmy carter was. now, i don't think mitt romney is a confrontational man, am i correct on that assessment?
11:17pm
he's not me. he's not looking for the fight. he doesn't relish the debate. >> that's what happened the first probably 15 primary debates. he stayed out of the fray and just sort of gave his mental. that's right. and let everybody else beat each other up. >> bill: but this time he has to prove himself to the american people which president obama doesn't have to prove himself. he's a known quantity. you like him, you don't. it's the people in the middle you're after. mitt romney still has to prove himself. so the burden in the debate is on the governor or am i wrong? >> no, i think you're absolutely right. while the challenger gets elevated by being on the stage with the president, clearly the president, he's on the mountain top. he's the victor, he won the last set of debates. he's the president. and so there has got to be a compelling reason for change, so governor romney has the burden of proof -- >> bill: he needs to bring that compelling reason. why aren't you in colorado with romney?
11:18pm
you did a good job in florida when he turned it around. why aren't you out there with him? >> i think the governor's got a great team and we'll just leave it at that. >> bill: so it's his preference not to have you out there. that's interesting. secondly, you prepped john mccain for his debate with barak obama and mccain held his own, but didn't bring the debate to the president, then senator. mccain never brought it to him. he was almost exasperated by look, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. he's talking in generalities, but that doesn't get through to the electorate who liked barak obama and i think still does like barak obama. >> i think that's true. i think that's one of the reasons why governor romney's got to go on offense. what the governor has to do is he has to make the public start blaming barak obama for the bad economic -- >> bill: how do you do that? how do you swing the public over to blaming the president? how? >> well, that's the thing that they haven't done effectively -- as effectively as they need to. they've convinced the american
11:19pm
people that the economy is bad. what they haven't convinced the american people is that the president's policies that have caused the economy. >> bill: do you do that by facts? >> absolutely. >> bill: okay. so you just keep -- >> policy by policy, policy by policy, and say, your stimulus bill created these economic conditions which has hurt unemployment and caused it to be above 8% for 40 months. and go through each of the policies that he's done that have caused the economy to go down. >> bill: final question, does mitt romney have to say, because you know the president is going to come after him -- look, here is what i'm going to phase out. some charitable stuff, some real estate stuff, does he have to do that or can he stay in the general area where he feels more comfortable? >> no. what he has to do is cast a vision that's a better alternative than the path we're on. >> bill: does that include specificity in those areas where the president is going to keep banging him and banging him and banging him, tell me, tell me, tell me? >> i don't think by and large it
11:20pm
has to. there has to be a few specifics, but what he has to do is show that he offers a better way forward than the president does right now. >> bill: all right. mr. o'donnell, thanks very much. we hope you'll come back, by the way in a few days and assess what happened out there. all right? >> would love to. >> bill: directly ahead, the president counting on women to put him back in the white house. crowley and colmes on that. then, don imus this morning on the fox business channel. might enjoy this one, upcoming [ male announcer ] how do you measure happiness? by the armful? by the barrelful? the carful? how about...by the bowlful? campbell's soups give you nutrition, energy, and can help you keep a healthy weight. campbell's. it's amazing what soup can do.
11:21pm
11:22pm
11:23pm
>> bill: rock in a hard place segment. new poll has president obama leading mitt romney 49 to 45. the president's lead is primarily due to women voters. they're breaking for him 56-2 right now. while men favor romney 52-42. no question the obama campaign is targeting the ladies. >> i find such a champion in president obama and which is why i passionately support him, specifically because i'm a woman. >> he also has the story that i can tell my daughter because it shows that no matter where you start out, you can work hard and you can do whatever you put your mind to. >> it's a story that touches me and one that is very familiar to me with how i was raised, you know, and our mom was a single
11:24pm
parent. she had spectacular dreams for herself and us girls. >> bill: with us now, fox news analyst monica crowley and alan colmes. where are women breaking for the president? >> barak obama is leeing hugely among unmarried women, but among married women, romney is actually leading by 6 to 8 points. that being said, the president does have overall a big lead among women and i think it's largely because he is had enormous success in trying to get women's attention after 2010. in 2008, he won women bay big majority. democrats then lost women in 2010 with the big republican surge and so over the last two years, he's done a couple of things. the bogus war on women, trying to freak women out about their birth control. he and his campaign put up the fictional life of julia, where women are dependent on government from cradle to grave. and just today, bill, organizing for america, obama for america, his campaign arm put a mental out to women saying, vote like your lady parts depend on it
11:25pm
because they do. >> bill: lady parts. >> that's incredibly insulting. but this is how the democrats view women. >> bill: i thought de-- >> i have to be honest, i lawsuit lady parts was a band. >> bill: it is kind of shameless, even you have to admit it's kind of shameless, this whole thing is shameless. to appeal like they're some kind of thing in the wind to deny women their rights. >> it goes way beyond that. this is a president who signed the act, something romney acted like he didn't know what it was. >> bill: the lily ledbetter act. equal pay. >> that's right. okay. you can denounce it. >> bill: i'm not denouncing it. >> i think that's relevant. most of the violence against women act that romney acted -- said four years ago, i'm not familiar with it. you also had paul ryan who in his abortion bill, anti-abortion bill basically had the term forcible rape. you had a series of things that have knocked it down to the
11:26pm
benefit of the republican -- >> bill: how big -- the country is divided, it's almost more people are pro-life than pro choice. it's like 52-48, according to the latest poll. among just women, do you know what the stat is? >> i don't know the specific stat. but die know without making the sweeping generalization, a lot of women do tend to be single issue voters. at least in the past. the economy is really changed that. >> bill: it's hurting everybody. >> but there are still a significant amount of women who tend to vote single issue on the abortion issue. and that's why traditionally -- >> bill: do they vote the other way, pro-life? >> there are a lot of men in particular who happen to be pro-life. >> bill: i don't know how much -- >> traditionally, the democrats have enjoyed a lead among women because unmarried women tend to be more dependent on the government. >> bill: here is what i care about. certainly the obama administration made a calculation to alienate the catholic church by forcing some of their agencies to cover birth control. all right. they didn't really care.
11:27pm
they made the calculation. we don't really care if it tees off the catholics because we think we can get more currency with women. all right? whether they're catholic or noncatholic. so we'll do that. then the incredible, and i mean incredible sandra fluke situation where the woman's demanding that a birth control be paid for, all right, by other -- by colmes and me and you, all right, demanding -- not asking nicely, gentleman he, could you lend me nine bucks? no. you pay for it! and i was so outraged by this. and i still maintain that. i thought it was such a mistake. but it doesn't seem to be turning -- >> it hasn't hurt romney -- >> bill: it hasn't hurt obama. >> it hasn't helped romney. but the fact is again, it's the insurance companies paying for this. not the catholic church and obama is polling well among catholics. >> we're talking about the political calculus here. and like i said, he won women big in 08. lost them big in 2010. so he needed to get them back. hence all of this scare tactics.
11:28pm
remember, look, it's so degrading to give this message to -- i agree, he's had a lot of success in these scare messages. but women's issues are every american's issues. jobs and the economy. that's something romney has to say i don't care if you're a man or woman. i'm going to give you a healthy jobs market. that rebounds to the benefit of everybody, men and women. >> is it degrading to say women want free stuff and they'll buy whatever obama puts out and they're not paying -- >> free birth control. >> is that significant to women that they vote because they want free stuff? >> bill: don't you think it was degrading for a 30-year-old georgetown woman demand that they -- >> i wouldn't use the word demand. >> bill: i thought she was going to set herself on fire if she didn't get it. >> she was fighting for the same kind of health care coverage that men have. >> bill: fighting for it. this is how out of touch i am. i thought that was a huge mistake and it has not turned out to be a huge mistake for the obama administration. >> among single women that, is
11:29pm
true. >> bill: no, but look at how big they're breaking for him. >> but, remember, romney has a huge lead among men. he's got a lead among married women. remember, feminism was all about freedom for women. governor romney should say i'll give you more freedom than independence, women, especially out of government. no more dependence on government. >> it's white men really. >> bill: does it count or no? look, it's men, women. all right? okay. do we have to break it out? >> we're breaking out gender, we're breaking out different segments -- >> bill: the discussion is on. you, all of a sudden, put color in there. >> white men versus black. >> whatever. >> bill: yeah. >> whatever, let's talk about whatever on november 6. >> bill: do you like being white, colmes? >> i like being -- i am what i am, bill. it's from that show -- >> bill: i am what i am and
11:30pm
that's all that i ever can be. the turtles sang that song. i don't think he likes me. i really don't. >> help me, america. >> bill: plenty borrow ahead. this earnings john stossel goes back to college and the results are bizarre, i must say. stossel will explain. then is it legal? update on a woman convicted of welfare fraud after winning a million dollars lottery, she's dead. dead. we hope you stay tuned for those look, if you have copd like me, you know it can be hard to breathe, and how that feels. copd includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. spiriva helps control my copd symptoms by keeping my airways open for 24 hours. plus, it reduces copd flare-ups. spiriva is the only once-daily inhaled copd maintenance treatment that does both. spiriva handihaler tiotropium bromide inhalation powder does not replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if you have kidney problems, glaucoma,
11:31pm
trouble urinating, or an enlarged prostate. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens, your throat or tongue swells, you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd spiriva helps me breathe better. (blowing sou) ask your doctor about spiriva.
11:32pm
11:33pm
>> bill: john traveled to the university of north carolina where some incredibly dumb things are happening. for example, if you are a freshman student at unc, you can not call yourself a freshman because it's sexist. the freshman first year thing that we been talking about a little bit, you framed it as a free speech issue, which there is no policy as a free speech issue. >> political correctness issue. >> my view on it is even if, you know, helps one incoming first year feel less alienated on campus, it's a harmless change. you refer to it as disgain. i don't know, why the negative feeling towards a university policy of the official title of -- >> because enough is enough. i can't believe a woman would feel -- [ applause ] disrespected by being called a freshman. and i agree, we've had a sexist country when my daughter was born, i went through all the doctor seuss books and her children's books and changed the hes to sheas 'cause i didn't
11:34pm
like it that they were all he's. but freshman? come on. >> bill: stossel joins us from washington. explain this to me, so you go down to chappell hill, go to the university of north carolina, but you're a freshman anymore. what are you? what is the term now? >> first year, you're first year student. >> bill: your not a freshman because it's freshman, man. that is sexist. >> i thought it was fresh human. but yes. some woman might feel dissed and you have to be very careful not to offend anyone. your show would be banned. >> bill: of course my show would be banned. did you know that in proper english, the masculine pronoun always takes precedent? did you know that? >> i did not. >> bill: yes. so therefore, when writing a literature at university of north carolina, you can use he when it is something that could be he or she.
11:35pm
that's why god is referred to as a he, because nobody know what is god is, if it's a gender or anything. but i digress. >> i still think i did the right thing changing my daughter's children's books. >> bill: that was very politically correct. so you go down there and they don't want to use the word freshman. they have other stuff, all right. they don't -- you can go to jail if you give people advice on what to eat at the university of north carolina? >> no, that was in north carolina in general. a guy ran a blog offering a nutrition advice and the state board said no, you can't be giving advice on nutrition unless you have a license from the state. you could go to jail. >> bill: if i say i like so and so on tip of the day, i could be in cuffs shortly after day, the north north carolinaan authorities would come up and get me? >> that's their licensing laws. >> bill: let's get back to campus. if you're dating somebody on the
11:36pm
campus, then you can't suggest that intimacy should happen? >> you can't implicitly or explicitly ask someone for sex. which raises the question, how do you get there? >> bill: are you going to answer the question? >> i don't know. i think if you have sex, it must be rape since you weren't allowed to -- >> bill: you can't overtly ask or even like -- how about a little wink? can you do that? >> apparently. >> bill: you can wink or you can't? 'cause that may be implicity, if i do that, i could be implying something. >> i'm sure totalitarian left would have an opinion because you would have to go before one of their tribunals. the truth is that they were -- >> bill: they have tribunals there? >> they rarely punish people for these things. but when you have all these rules and they have a civility code which would ban you, what it means is they use them to punish people they don't like and those are usually people like you. >> bill: tell me about the
11:37pm
civility code at the university of north carolina. >> all speech must be civil. and that feels right. why not have nice speech? but the civil rights movement and the protests sitting on a lunch hall and refusing to leave on a lunch counter because they're racist, it's important not to be civil all the time. >> bill: if i go down there and i call somebody a pinhead, am i arrested by the campus police? >> you, according to their code, would be kicked out of school. >> bill: is that right? wow! >> probably wouldn't do it for pinhead. >> bill: wow. i bet you they would if it were me. i bet you they would. >> you do much worse. >> bill: the guys in "animal house" they're not going to the university of north carolina. that's not happening. that movie could have never been made if all the colleges had these. >> these codes are since animal house. in response to "animal house." >> bill: tell them time coming down if they don't knock it off.
11:38pm
when we come right back, strange twist to a strange case of welfare fraud. the woman who committed it was a big lottery winner and now she's done. legal is next ♪ chances are, you're not made of money, so don't overpay for motorcycle insurance. geico, see how much you could save. morning because my back hurt so bad. the sleep number bed conforms to you. i wake up in the morning with no back pain. i can adjust it if i need to...if my back's a little more sore. and by the time i get up in the morning, i feel great! if you have back pain, toss and turn at night or wake up tired with no energy, the sleep number
11:39pm
bed could be your solution. the sleep number bed's secret is it's air chambers which provide ideal support and put you in control of the firmness. and the bed is perfect for couples because each side adjusts independently to their unique sleep number. here's what clinical research has found: ® 93% of participants experienced back-pain relief. ® 90% reported reduced aches and pains. ® 87% fell asleep faster and enjoyed more deep sleep. for study summaries, call this number now. we'll include a free dvd and brochure about the sleep number bed including prices, and models plus a free $50 savings card. and how about this? steel springs can cause uncomfortable pressure points. but the sleep number bed contours to your body. imagine how good you'll feel when your muscles relax and you fall into a deep sleep! i'm not just a back surgeon, i'm also a back patient. i sleep on the sleep number bed myself and i
11:40pm
highly recommend it to all of my patients. need another reason to call? the sleep number bed costs about the same as an innerspring but lasts twice as long. so if you want to sleep better or find relief for your bad back, call now. call the number on your screen for your free information kit with dvd, brochure and price list. call right now and you'll also receive a $50 savings card just for inquiring about the sleep number bed. ask about our risk-free 30-night in-home trial. call now for your free information kit and a free $50 savings card. call now! >> bill: i'm bill o'reilly. legal segment, gay marriage, a mysterious death and terrorists released from guantanamo bay.
11:41pm
here now, lease wheel. in simple terms so i can understand it, we have the supreme court back after four-month vacation. how can i get this job? >> you can't. >> bill: they're back. >> right. >> bill: one of the things on their plate before they go on another vacation for christmas is gay marriage. >> yes. defense of marriage act which was signed by president clinton in 1996. that's a big federal law they're going to be looking at. they may -- >> bill: tell me what it says. >> the defense of marriage act in 1996 said only -- you can't only have marriage between a man and woman. not just marriage, but the legal benefits that come with marriage, when you die. >> bill: who wants to overturn that? >> lot of people do, but at least five cases are now in front of the supreme court by different plaintiffs saying, look, i was in a marriage, i was? a marriage. it was sanctified by the state. >> bill: are they all gay people? >> all gay people. right. now you feds, you can't take away my rights.
11:42pm
>> bill: so all gay people, five different cases. >> five in front of the supreme court. 19 pend not guilty federal court. >> arthel: so the supreme court pick -- >> bill: so the supreme court picked one? >> they haven't picked any. >> bill: will they pick one? >> yes. >> bill: just one? >> no. my thinking is they'll president-elect obama put all of them together. the big soup can? >> right. >> bill: then guilfoyle, they'll deliberate on whether doma is constitutional? >> yes. they'll determine whether or not it violates the equal protection clause, thereby denying people who have been legally married in states and jurisdictions that allow it the benefits that accrue from being married. >> bill: so they'll most likely say it's unconstitutional? >> i think so based on the split. >> bill: when the supreme court says defense of marriage act is unconstitutional, then that let's every state decide for themselves? >> it's a state's right issue, but the supreme court will probably say. >> bill: one state said no, we
11:43pm
don't want it here. >> that's prop 8. >> bill: okay. and then now we have that appeal heading toward the supreme court. that's separate one. >> that's the other part of this gay marriage act. >> bill: the state already decided we don't want it. >> and this lower -- >> bill: the supreme court has to decide whether the states have jurisdiction over the marital -- >> they don't got to decide anything. they don't have to take any of these cases. >> they could decline to take that up and say that was the will of the voters. that is a referendum. >> bill: what are the odds of that? >> i think they're going to take on doma, that's neat and clean and easy for them to handle, to say it's unconstitutional. the defense of marriage act will be struck town and they'll proceed -- >> bill: they can kick that back. >> because don't forget, the prop 8 case has only been heard by three judges. >> bill: i don't care about all that minutia, but to overturn a vote, legalize vote, the supreme court has to do that, it is a big deal. >> it is.
11:44pm
>> bill: now, this is a very strange case. a woman in michigan convicted of welfare fraud, young woman. >> amanda clayton, 25 years old. >> bill: she win has million bucks. >> she does in the make me rich. >> bill: she gets a million dollars, but still keeps cashing her welfare checks and gets convicted of that. >> she pled no contest. she had six months of probation and she passed away from a drug overdose. >> bill: now she's dead. >> right. she was caught and on tape saying, they didn't take it away, so i figured i could still do it because i had a lot of bills to pay and i don't have much money after taxes 'cause i took a lump sum of 745,000 after taxes. >> bill: that's a lot of money. >> it's a loft money by anybody's standards, to be honest with you. it's a sad case because. >> bill: how did she die? >> drug overdose, it appears. >> bill: she took a drug overdose? >> right. >> so she's got all that money, she's still on food stamps. she's still trying to cheat the government.
11:45pm
where does the money go? it looks like -- >> bill: she's a drug addict. >> right. >> bill: had it is an oxycontin thing sweeping the country. >> it's sad. 26-year-old woman. >> bill: and she had kids, right? n two children. >> bill: she's dead? >> what's going to half to her kids? >> bill: tell me about omar kadir, 26-year-old guantanamo bay, but not in guantanamo bay, he's in canada. >> he's from canada. >> bill: montreal canadians sign him? what is he doing there? >> he was a gitmo for ten years after he admitted to killing one of our sergeant first class in afghanistan. he then was -- after ten years in gitmo, he was given an eight-year sentence to be started now, okay? so it's not as if he can say i've been there ten years. so he's got the ten-year, plus almost eight years in canada. because he did this as a child, he was 15 at the time, we don't know how canada will treat this. >> bill: so they extradited him
11:46pm
from guantanamo bay to canada, canadian citizen. now his father is dead because his father got killed because his father was a terrorist j right. >> bill: this kid is hard core kid. he threw this grenade at the u.s. soldier. what people in canada are worried about is that this guy is now there in prison in canada, civilian prison. they may let him out next year after one year. >> that's the were on. it's yen win concern because -- genuine concern because he's transferred from october of 2010 with the prosecutors and allowed to go to canada. >> bill: he pled guilty in return for that? >> exactly. if you send me to canada, i'll agree and do the time because guess what? he's thinking he may not have to do it. but u.s. officials have been guaranteed that in fact, he will serve out the eight. >> canadian authorities don't have to let him go after that. that's a possibility. but they don't have to. >> bill: we don't think that the canadian authorities are that crazy? >> no. they're going to honor their word. >> bill: because this is a dangerous guy.
11:47pm
his family is all jihaddist. come on. >> eight years is short for them. >> bill: if he gets out, it will be a big story. ladies, thanks very much. we appreciate it. and we have a new deal for you. lis wiel's latest, out today. coincidence it's been released on the same day as "killing kennedy." if you buy it, we'll send you "darkness rising" free, two books. amazing promotion. check it out on billoreilly.com. reality check on deck. madonna explaining the black muslim president remark and i go hand to hand with imus. check moments away
11:48pm
11:49pm
11:50pm
>> bill: back of the book segment, reality check, we begin with my early morning in support of "killing kennedy." check one. the book is out today. more than 1 million copies in the first printing. which is enormous in this age of kindle. usa today did a very fair piece on the book and you might want to check that out on usa today.org. national media is generally hostile to us, we did not send out review copies which is probably wise. i'd rather talk about the book face-to-face, which i did on
11:51pm
imus today. >> mr. o'reilley, the book is "killing kennedy," the end of camelot. i've been humping it like i'm getting a piece of it for a couple of weeks. it's terrific. >> bill: thank you. i appreciate that. i'm glad you took the time to read it. >> i love it. here is where i am. oswald just arrived in mexico city and he's on his way to the cuban embassy. you know what i'm having problems -- i read everything off a computer now or off of a -- >> bill: sure. >> so holding a book, trying to get my reading glasses to work. >> bill: let me get this straight, you have trouble holding the book and putting the glasses on at the same time? >> no, no, getting it the right distance. >> bill: we might be able to hire people to do that for you. just hold it for you and turn the page. mr. imus, shall i turn the page? >> bill: i want to thank "fox & friends" for putting me on of the check two, last week we made fun of madonna for saying that
11:52pm
there is a black muslim in the white house. after thinking it over for a phi days, she came up with this spin, quote, i was being ironic, yes, i know obama is not a muslim, though i know plenty of people in this country think he is. what if he were? point i was making is that a good man is a good man. no matter who he prays to. i don't care what religion obama is, nor should anyone else in america. lesson of the day. check three, far worst than madonna will ever be, snoop dogg. was openly smoking marijuana with his 18-year-old son. the despicable dog told a hollywood reporter, quote, my kids can do whatever the hell they want. for me to say otherwise would be hypocritical. a lot of mfers don't have a relationship with their kids and that's why they get on drugs. here is a clue, canine. your kids already on drugs. you know why? 'cause you're giving them to
11:53pm
him. okay? congratulations. if if were up to me, i would have you arrested. check four, dave letterman really, really wants to book governor romney on his program. >> the current president, president obama, was on the show last week. the challenger, mitt romney has not been on the show. we have asked him to be on the show. we have -- any night, any time, short notice, whatever he wants, he can be on the show. he's got 39 days. now, i don't want to persuade anybody unnecessarily, but if he's not here in 39 days, don't vote for him. >> bill: no, not much of a chance that the majority of dave's audience will be supporting romney, but we do feel letterman's pain 'cause we're trying to get the governor on "the factor" as well. finally check five, because of all the interest in the upcoming debate this saturday evening between me and jon stewart, we put together a montage of past
11:54pm
encounters. do you, jon stewart, have obama remorse? >> i think people feel a disappointment in that there was a sense that oh, jesus will walk on water and now you're looking like, oh, look that, it's just treading water. >> bill: you said he's let you down a couple of times when he didn't do a far left thing that you wanted. >> how far left am i? >> bill: it depends on the night. it depends on the ratings. >> you don't know much about me, do you. >> bill: and i don't want to. no, that's not nice. stewart it's nice to come in here. is there ever -- would there ever be a scenario where you could see not voting for barak obama and voting for a republican? >> sure. >> bill: and what would that be? what would barak obama have to be besides kicking you in the head? you're a stand up guy. >> your respect for me grows for leaps and bounds. you're like the grinch after he realized they don't need presents for christmas when you see me. >> bill: saturday's big events at george washington university, completely sold out. sold out in ten minutes. you can see it on the net for less than five bucks and half of
11:55pm
that goes to charity. so please check out the rumble 2012. com. if you buy the show, you can watch it any time. that's the only way you'll see it. that is reality check. factor tip of the day, what should we do about the aarp? the tip, 60 seconds away [ male announcer ] if it wasn't for a little thing called the computer, we might still be making mix tapes. find this. pause this. play this. eject this. write this.
11:56pm
it's like the days before esurance express lane™. you had to find a bunch of documents just to get a car insurance quote. now express lane finds your driving info with just one click, saving time to be nostalgic about the days before express lane. thank you, insurance for the modern world. esurance. now backed by allstate. click or call. >> bill and, the only reason you and fox are questioning the polls is because romney is losing. >> when more democrats or republicans are polled, i have to look into that. no ideology involved. >> no problem. morris predicted mccain would win, but hedged his bet, saying obama could win if the young vote turned out, which it did.
11:57pm
>> fox news analysts, including myself, are paid for honest assessments, not to root for anyone. it's fine foritous say we favor a certain candidate. that happens all the time. but we need to put forth honest opinions, not in the tank stuff. watch other networks for that. plenty of that. by the way, i never endorse political candidates because my job is to watch. >> it's on the way, sarah. another great deal. >> well, way to go, kir.
11:58pm
way to go. a shadow of your former self. >> interesting observation, nora. i think both the president and the governor are basically sincere men who are hiding their flaws. mr. obama will not tell voters that he essentially disagrees with the free marketplace competitive economy this has made the usa prosperous, especially since 1900. governor romney doesn't want to explain why he has changed core beliefs on obartion, health care, things like that. in the end, i am with you, i want honest politicians who explain themselves in a direct way. the guy who does that best tomorrow night will win the debate. and the tip of the day, over the years, we have had problems with the aarp, even though i am a member. on some issues, the group has
11:59pm
been partisan left. so when they asked me to talk about "killing kennedy," i had to think about it. would they do an honest job? i decided to talk to them and they did do an honest job. check out aarp.org and type my name. it's an interesting discussion. i think you will like it. thru go. sometimes things work like that. sometimes, they do not. i am debating whether to tell you about one very big-name person who snubbed us... i know you want me to. [laughter] >> but i don't want to be petty. let me happening about it. that's it for us tonight. check out the fox news factor web site. also, we would like to you spout off about the factor. name and town if you wish to opine. word of the day, do not provericate when writing to the